Tips and Tricks
- Use a network cable if possible to establish a stable and fast Internet connection.
- Please stop all downloads, streaming services or similar to ensure a stable Internet connection during the video consultation session.
- Make sure you have favorable lighting conditions. Feel free to turn on your deck lights.
- Be sure to avoid sitting with your back to a window or other light source.
- Position yourself clearly visible in front of the camera so that the person you are talking to can see you properly.
- Don’t just look at the screen, but also into the camera from time to time.
- Ideally, you’ll be sitting in front of a neutral white wall so that your face is best shown off in contrast.
- Pay attention to your background. Keep in mind that your therapist or doctor will get a „glimpse“ of your private space.
- Ideally, you should use a headset for the video consultation. This cuts out background noise and makes you easier for your conversation partner to understand.
- Try to avoid or minimize background noise so that you are not distracted during the video consultation and can talk undisturbed.
- Make sure that you have saved your documents (e.g. findings, MRI data or X-rays) that you would like to discuss in the video consultation saved on your computer.
- If parts of the body play a role in the video consultation, prepare to show them if necessary.
- Think about questions you would like to clarify in advance and write them down.